BPI Outdoors announced today that its BERGARA CUSTOM RIFLES are now in production and available for sale to the public. Last July, BPI tapped former Marine Corps Master Sergeant Dan Hanus to head the Custom Rifle Shop for its BergaraUSA division. Mr. Hanus, a 22 year veteran, was most recently stationed at Quantico, Virginia, where he served as the Production Chief & Chief Instructor for the Marine Corps Precision Weapons Section. In this capacity, Mr. Hanus oversaw the production of the M40A5 Sniper Rifles, the EMR (Enhanced Marksmanship Rifle), and the M45 CQBP (Close Quarters Battle Pistol) for the Marine Special Operations Command. His guns have been used in combat and in competition all over the world.
Bergara is currently best known for its gun barrels, and is an original equipment supplier to numerous well known firearms brands, both in Europe and the USA. “Our company has seen impressive growth with our Bergara barrels over the last few years and we have developed a well-deserved reputation for quality and precision. What we do here at the Bergara Custom Shop is to build a rifle around the Bergara barrel that will fully complement its accuracy potential,” Hanus explains.
Bergara Custom Rifles are built using the highest quality components – such as McMillan stocks and Timney triggers. As for actions, the custom Bergara action will likely be the most popular, but a customer may also choose to have a gun built around an action that they already own. “While the true Bergara Custom Rifle is certainly our main focus, we are also a full service shop. So, we can do everything from a simple re-barrel job, to stock fitting, installing muzzle breaks, and even wood stock finishing and checkering. Really, any degree of work the customer wants us to do for his Bergara barreled rifle, we can do it,” Hanus said.
The Bergara Custom Rifle product line will consist of 5 basic models, all of which can be custom modified by the consumer to meet individual preferences. These models include the BA19 Heavy Tactical (inspired by the Marine’s M40A5), the BA17 Medium Tactical, the BA15 Long Range Hunter, the BA13 Sport Hunter, and the BX11 Take-Down Hunter, which also features interchangeable barrel capability. Prices range from $1500 to $4000, plus custom modification costs.
- Bill Would Register All Firearms in Illinois
- American Technologies Network Corp. (ATN) Products to be featured on Upcoming Episode of Pig Man: The Series
- Nikon’s Heavy Hitter Promotion Aims to be a Knock Out
- Bushnell Combines Quality and Value in New Excursion HD Binoculars
- ciao! Baby Introduces Pink Mossy Oak
- Andrew Santi on HatsanUSA Inc. Makes U.S. Debut with Tactical Style AT44-10 TACT Airgun
- J.R. Absher on Minnesota Hunter Loses War of Words
- Glen Wunderlich on Straight-Wall Cartridges in Michigan’s Southern Zone III
- sgtguthrie on Straight-Wall Cartridges in Michigan’s Southern Zone III
- Donald Armbruster on A Word of Advice for Reloaders