- Michigan state parks focus on visitor safety by becoming ‘StormReady’
- 2014-2015 Michigan’s Living Resources patch, featuring the threatened lake sturgeon, now available!
- Five-time Olympic Medalist is Scholastic Clay Target Program Alumna
- Armed American Radio with Mark Walters To Welcome Author and Film Maker Dinesh D’Souza On Sunday, August 3, 2014
- SIG SAUER® Launches New Webstore, Expanded Product Lines
- John and Thelma Brackney on New cabin at Sleepy Hollow State Park now available for reservations
- rork on Threatened and endangered species feature: trumpeter swan
- Andrew Santi on HatsanUSA Inc. Makes U.S. Debut with Tactical Style AT44-10 TACT Airgun
- J.R. Absher on Minnesota Hunter Loses War of Words
- Glen Wunderlich on Straight-Wall Cartridges in Michigan’s Southern Zone III
Tag Archives: wolf
By Glen Wunderlich Long before animals had lawyers representing a small segment of society that values the lives of animals above humans, man existed by hunting. In fact, there are millions of traditional rural Americans that, in essence, hunt to … Continue reading
GW: …the Court found that the groups merely disagreed with the legislature’s policy of allowing wolf harvests…And, that’s what happens when you come to conclusions based on feelings. Washington, D.C. – Based on arguments presented by Safari Club International (SCI) … Continue reading
The Michigan Natural Resources Commission (NRC) today approved a limited public wolf harvest in three distinct regions of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
GW: A rational perspective on Michigan’s wolf population in support of science and one from the whackos.
By Glen Wunderlich When it comes to wildlife management, common sense dictates that such matters are best left to states’ control as opposed to that of federal agencies. But, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) doesn’t agree and … Continue reading
PHOENIX — The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) and the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AGFD) released a pair of Mexican wolves into the Blue Range Wolf Recovery Area of Arizona on Thursday. In a separate action, the … Continue reading
MISSOULA, Mont.-The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation maintained its call for the science-based management of wolves as Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP) released its 2012 estimate of the state’s wolf population. FWP reports there are a minimum of 625 wolves … Continue reading
“The overall numbers are down slightly from last year in the Bitterroot, but we are seeing a few more packs,” she said. “The pack sizes are smaller, which is what you might expect with hunting and trapping” said FWP wolf … Continue reading
Some Western lawmakers are pushing to have wolves removed from endangered species protection nationwide. Of course, the usual suspects are opposed, but that’s to be expected. To them, there will never be a time when wolves should not be protected. … Continue reading
Keep Michigan Wolves Protected – an animal rights activist group linked to the Humane Society of the United States – claims to have gathered more than 100,000 signatures aimed at qualifying its proposal for the ballot to prevent wolf hunting in Michigan. More here…