New York, NY- Steel Will knives, a new premium brand of knives produced with the highest standards of quality, is proud to introduce a new knife to the outdoor industry, the Druid 200. This multi-purpose knife is a perfect match for campers, hunters, hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts with its sturdy and robust platform and universal cutting abilities. Read more
Washington, DC- Knife Rights’ Knife Owners’ Protection Act, H.R.419 (KOPA), was re-introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives yesterday by sponsor Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ). Knife Rights Chairman Doug Ritter explained, “KOPA will protect law-abiding knife owners travelling throughout the U.S. from the vagaries of restrictive state and local laws. As long as possession of the particular knife is legal in the state where the journey starts and ends, and provided the knife is secured in accordance with KOPA, a knife owner would no longer be threatened with arrest simply for traveling from one place to another.” KOPA is the first proactive pro-knife federal legislation introduced in the nation’s history.
Additional co-sponsors are: Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) (more co-sponsors are expected to sign on shortly)
“Those who travel across the country with knives for work, recreation and self defense are presently subject to arrest and prosecution under a confusing patchwork of inconsistent state and local laws and regulations, said Ritter, “what is perfectly legal in one place may be a serious crime in another, resulting in forfeiture of property and carrying significant penalties including jail time. Enforcement is not uniform even within jurisdictions and is subject to the vagaries of political expediency at times. Sportsmen and workmen who travel are particularly vulnerable.” Read more
PEWAUKEE WI- A host of new features and activities highlight the 2015 Outdoor Life/Field & Stream deer-and-turkey-hunting consumer expos. In addition, Louisville, Michigan and Illinois expos have been moved to more favorable dates, but otherwise it is steady-as-they-go for these popular events.
The 2015 schedule:
• Jan. 30-31 & Feb. 1 LOUISVILLE DEER & TURKEY EXPO (2nd), Kentucky Exposition Center (State Fairgrounds), Louisville, KY
• February 13-14-15 MICHIGAN DEER & TURKEY EXPO (29th), The SUMMIT Sports & Ice Complex, Dimondale, MI (SW side of Lansing).
• February 20-21-22 ILLINOIS DEER & TURKEY EXPO (25th), Prairie Capital Convention Center, Springfield, IL.
• March 13-14-15 OHIO DEER & TURKEY EXPO (23rd), Bricker Bldg, Ohio Expo Center (State Fairgrounds), Columbus, OH
• April 10-11-12 WISCONSIN DEER & TURKEY EXPO (31st), Alliant Energy Center of Dane County, Madison, WI Read more
OLEAN, NY – KA-BAR Knives is proud to announce the launch of the KA-BAR “Givepocalypse Now!” Giveaway, the largest giveaway in KA-BAR history. Read more